Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Love Fabric Wallhanging

Hello friends! I'm sharing another project I made for CHA. This project features the Heartfelt Bigz Die. Bigz are steel rule dies…love them because you can cut all different kinds of surfaces from really thin to extra thick materials. You can cut materials like tissue paper, fabric, chipboard, cardstock, felt, metal, plastic, etc. It's almost like the skies the limit that's why I love them so much. 

 You all know how I love to sew and this project really sang to my "heart". I used my favorite fabric, Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Fabric, this piece is called Shabby Script. Heartfelt Bigz die was perfect for my project cutting 11 different hearts of all shapes and sizes from wool felt. 

I added various stitching like the blanket stitch and a running stitch around the hearts to attach them to my background fabric. I used a few different colors of embroidery floss for interest. 

Vintage mother of pearl buttons are the perfect accent down the left side attaching them with different shades of floss. 

I also hand stitched the word "Love" in a dark floss and also sewed on a little vintage lace at the bottom. 

The new Tim Holtz Display Hanger was perfect to hold my little project. The package comes with 2 Display Hangers, 2 labels and 2 epoxy stickers. I added Remnant Rubs to the label, applied the epoxy sticker and label to the hanger  then alcohol inked the epoxy sticker using Mushroom (the best color for a little vintage look). The Crinkle Ribbon was dyed with a little Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain and then tied to the top of the hanger. 

I'd love to hear from you! 
Please let me know if you love to sew or you would like to learn to sew. 
and
What is your most favorite project that you have sewn or something you'd like to create. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Richele